Landmine Press: Landmine Press encourages efficient scapular upward rotation and engages anterior (front) shoulder stabilizers—both key to preventing shoulder injuries. Landmine Press is safer and more functional than pressing directly overhead. (Read details about overhead pressing under exercise description Half Kneeling Bottoms-Up Kettlebell Press). Form and scapular movement are crucial to Landmine Press.
- Cup the barbell in both hands, thumbs on the end of the barbell.
- Begin with the barbell at chest height, elbows even with or slightly in front of torso.
- Bend your knees and brace your core as if expecting a punch to the gut.
- Push the barbell up and away, leaning forward, coming up onto toes, and fully extending arms (without locking elbows) as scapula rotates upward and wraps around ribcage to finish the movement.
- Slowly and with control, return hands to starting position.