Sweet dense breads like this one are fairly simple to make gluten and grain free. The texture yields similar to their conventional counterparts and the taste is even better!
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour (starch)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
pinch fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup skinned and mashed baked sweet potato
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients (through sea salt). Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs, vanilla, honey, apple cider vinegar, and sweet potato until smooth.
4. Add melted coconut oil and beat until smooth.
5. Add dry ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
6. Pour batter into a well greased bread pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a knife going into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool to room temperature.
8. Wrap in parchment paper and store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
9. This bread is best served cold.
Comments | Leave a comment >>