My Chocolate Pistachio Energy Bar makes a convenient and healthy snack for all ages. I tested these bars with some 9- and 10-year-old kids at a soccer tournament and they were a hit! Plain old water and a Chocolate Pistachio Energy Bar is a healthy and efficient way to restore energy without resorting to high sugar sports drinks.
1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
1 cup pistachios
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup organic raisins
1. Grease an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 glass baking or storage dish with sustainably harvested palm oil, coconut oil, or butter.
2. Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler.
3. Add pistachios, coconut, and raisins. Gently mix until well combined.
4. Spread evenly over the bottom of pre-greased dish.
5. Freeze about 10 minutes to set. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Comments | Leave a comment >>