EVERYONE goes crazy for these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars that are free of the top 6 allergens commonly found in baked goods—Dairy, Eggs, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, and Soy (see note on coconut below).
An essential for those with allergies—Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars is one of my most popular recipes. These bars are just as popular with those who don’t suffer from allergies.
Note: These bars contain coconut flour. The Food and Drug Administration recognizes coconut as a tree nut. While allergic reactions to coconut have been documented, most people who are allergic to tree nuts can safely eat coconut.
1/4 cup arrowroot flour/starch
1 Tbsp. freshly ground flax seed
1 Tbsp. potato starch
2 tsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 cup tahini
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sustainably harvested palm shortening
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 chia eggs
1 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the first 6 ingredients through sea salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the coconut sugar, tahini, honey, palm shortening, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
4. Add flour mixture and beat on medium speed until well combined.
5. Add the chia eggs and beat on medium-low until incorporated. Do not over beat.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Transfer dough to the baking dish and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Let the bars cool for several hours, cover and store in the refrigerator.
*These bars taste best straight from the refrigerator as oils from the tahini may separate at room temperature.