Banana bread is the perfect way to use up over-ripe bananas—something we have often in our house.
Conventional banana bread is made with A LOT of white sugar and white flour. My banana bread is made with only nourishing ingredients and tastes even better than it’s conventional counterpart.
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup cassava flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
2 large ripe mashed bananas (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients (through sea salt). Whisk until well combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat eggs, vanilla, honey, apple cider vinegar, and mashed banana until smooth.
4. Add melted coconut oil and beat until smooth.
5. Add dry ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
6. Pour batter into a well greased bread pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a knife going into the center comes out clean.
7. Cool to room temperature.
8. Wrap in parchment paper and store in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator.
9. This bread is best served cold.