These brownies taste like chocolate cake and chocolate fudge rolled into one tasty dessert. Bonus: Vegan Dark Chocolate Brownies are both vegan and are free of the 6 most common food allergies found in baked goods (milk, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat, and soy).
*note: contains coconut (Although coconut is classified as a fruit, the food and drug administration recognizes coconut as a tree nut. Most people who are allergic to tree nuts can safely eat coconut.)
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cacao powder
2 Tbsp. potato starch
1 Tbsp. arrowroot flour/starch
2 tsp. coconut flour
1 Tbsp. freshly ground flax seed
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup honey (substitute maple syrup for truly vegan)
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 chia eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 baking dish.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer whisk together the first 7 ingredients through sea salt. Set aside.
3. Over a double broiler melt, chocolate chips, tahini, honey, and coconut oil. Stir until smooth.
4. Add melted chocolate mixture and vanilla to the flour mixture and beat on medium speed until well combined.
5. Add the chia eggs and beat on medium-low until incorporated. Do not over beat.
6. Transfer dough to the baking dish and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Let the brownies cool for several hours, cover and store in the refrigerator.
*These brownies taste best straight from from the refrigerator as oils from the tahini may separate at room temperature.